Spiced Date and Walnut
Ingredients : Makes one 900g cake
Wholemeal self-raising flour
Dark muscovado sugar
Walnut halves, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas
4. Line a 900 g loaf tin with greaseproof paper and grease the paper.
- Sift together the flour and spice,
adding back any bran from the sieve. Stir in the dates and walnuts.
- Mix the oil, sugar and milk, then stir
evenly into the dry ingredients. Spoon into the loaf tin and arrange the
walnut halves on top.
- Bake the cake in the oven for about
45-50 minutes, or until golden brown and firm. Turn out the cake, remove
the lining paper, and leave to cool on a wire rack.