Quick and Easy Orange
Ingredients : Makes one 20cm ring cake
1 1/3 cups
Wholemeal self-raising flour
Unsalted butter, chopped
Finely grated orange rind
Eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to moderate 180oC.
Brush a deep, 20cm ring cake tin with melted butter or oil, line base and
sides with paper, grease paper.
- Place flour in food processor bowl,
add the butter, rind and sugar. Using the pulse action, press the button
for 20 seconds or until mixture is a fine, crumbly texture.
- Add combined eggs and milk to bowl,
process 10 seconds or until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin;
smooth surface. Bake 25 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when
inserted in centre of cake.
- Leave cake in tin 3 minutes before
turning onto wire rack to cool.