Honey and Coconut Cake
Ingredients : Makes one 28cm oblong cake
1 3/4 cups
Honey and Cream Cheese Icing
Eggs, lightly beaten
Ground all spice
Extra ground nutmeg, for decoration
Cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to moderate 180oC.
Brush a shallow, 28 x 18 x 3 cm oblong cake tin with melted butter or oil, line base
and side with paper, grease paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat butter
and sugar in small mixing bowl until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs gradually, beating
thoroughly after each addition. Add essence and honey, beat until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing
bowl. Add coconut.
- Using a metal spoon, fold in the sifted flour
and spices alternately with the
- Stir until just combined and the
mixture is almost smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin; smooth
surface. Bake for 30 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when
inserted in centre of cake.
- Leave in tin 10 minutes before turning
onto wire rack to cool.
- To make Honey and Cream Cheese
Using electric beaters, beat cream cheese in small mixing bowl until creamy.
- Add sifted icing sugar, and and the
honey, beating 3 minutes or until mixture is smooth and fluffy. Spread
the icing over cake using a flat-bladed knife.
- Sprinkle with extra nutmeg.