Cherry Teacake Recipe
Ingredients : Makes one 20cm round cake
1 1/4 cup
Eggs, lightly beaten
Chopped glace cherries
Pink food coloring
- Preheat oven to moderate 180oC.
Brush a deep, 20cm round cake tin with melted butter or oil, line base
and side with paper, grease paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat butter, sugar
and essence in small mixing bowl at medium speed until light and creamy.
- Add eggs, beat 3 minutes or until just combined.
- Transfer mixture to large mixing bowl.
Add cherries, coconut, sifted flour and cornflour, beat at low speed for
1 minutes or until mixture is almost smooth.
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared
tin; smooth surface. Bake for 30 minutes or until skewer comes out clean
when inserted in centre of cake.
- Leave in tin 10 minutes before turning
onto wire rack to cool.
- To make Pink Icing - Combine
sifted icing sugar, butter and water in a small bowl to form a firm
paste. Stand bowl in pan of simmering water, stir until icing is smooth
and glossy, remove from heat. Tint icing with coloring as desired.
- Spread icing over top of cake using a