Cardamom Apple Cake Recipe
Ingredients : Makes one 20cm round cake
Green apples, peeled, cored
Soft brown sugar
Eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to moderate 180oC.
Brush a deep, 20cm round cake tin with melted butter or oil, line base
and side with paper, grease paper.
- Slice one apple in thin rings and
finely chop the other one. Place rings of apple in the base of cake tin,
overlapping each piece. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Using electric beaters, beat butter
and sugar in small mixing bowl until light and creamy.
- Add eggs gradually, beating thoroughly
after each addition. Add essence, beat until just combined.
- Transfer mixture to large mixing bowl,
add chopped apple.
- Using a metal spoon, fold in the
sifted flour and the cardamom alternately with the milk. Stir until just
combine and the mixture is almost smooth.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin;
smooth surface. Bake for 55 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when
inserted in centre of cake.
- Leave in tin 20 minutes before turning
onto wire rack to cool.