Apple and Cinnamon Teacake
Ingredients : Makes one 20cm round cake
1 1/4 cups
Egg, lightly beaten
Pie apple, chopped
- Preheat oven to moderate 180oC.
Brush a 20cm round spring form tin with melted butter or oil, line base
and side with paper, grease paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat butter,
sugar and cinnamon in small mixing bowl at medium
speed until light and creamy.
- Add egg, beat 1 minute or until just combined.
- Add the apple, sifted flour and milk, beat at low speed
1 minutes or until mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture evenly into prepared tin; smooth
surface. Bake for 30 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when
inserted in centre of cake.
- Leave in tin 10 minutes before turning
onto wire rack to cool.
- To make Cinnamon Topping -
Combine all ingredients in a small pan. Stir constantly over low heat
until mixture boils and sugar has dissolved, for 2 minutes.
- Using a flat-bladed knife, spread the
warm icing over the top of the warm cake.