Hazelnut Chocolate Roll Recipe
Hazelnut Chocolate Roll
Ingredients : Makes one Swiss roll
1 1/4 cups
Eggs, lightly beaten
Chocolate, finely chopped
Ground hazelnut meal
Strong black coffee
Strong black coffee, extra
- Preheat oven to moderately 210oC.
Brush a shallow, 30 x 25 x 2 cm Swill roll tin with melted butter or oil.
Line base and two sides with paper, grease the paper.
- Sift flour and spice three times onto
- Using electric beaters, beat eggs in a
small mixing bowl for 5 minutes or until thick and pale.
- Add sugar gradually, beating
constantly until dissolved and mixture is pale yellow and glossy.
- Transfer mixture to large mixing bowl.
- Using a metal spoon, fold in
chocolate, hazelnut meal, coffee liquid and flour
quickly and lightly.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared
tin, smooth the surface. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden and springy to the touch.
- Beat cream and extra coffee liquid in
small bowl until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until required.
- Turn cake onto a clean, dry tea towel
covered with greaseproof paper which has been dusted evenly with sifted
icing sugar and cocoa, leave for 1 minute.
- Using tea towel as a guide, carefully
roll up the cake with the paper, leave for 5 minutes or until cool.
Unroll and discard the paper.
- Spread with coffee cream filling,
- Trim the ends of roll with a serrated
More Sponge Cakes Recipes