Red Berry Tart with Lemon Cream Recipe
Red Berry Tart with Lemon
Ingredients : Serves 6-8
For the filling
Egg yolks, beaten
Cream cheese, softened
Lemon, grated rind and juice
Mixed red berry fruits
Icing sugar, to taste
- Sift the flour, corn flour and icing
sugar together. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine
- Beat the vanilla into the egg yolks,
then stir into the flour mixture to make a firm dough. Add cold water if
- Roll out the pastry and use it to line
a 23cm round flan tin. Trim the edges. Prick the base and leave to rest
in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas
6. Line the flan with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans.
Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, removing the paper and
beans after 15 minutes. Leave to cool, then remove the pastry case from
the flan tin.
- Cream the cheese, lemon curd and lemon
rind and juice, adding icing sugar if you wish. Spread the mixture into
the base of the flan. Top with the fruits. Warm the redcurrant jelly and
trickle over the fruits just before serving.
More Pies & Tarts Recipes