Mince Pies with Orange Pastry Recipe
Mince Pies with Orange
Ingredients : Makes 18
Grated rind of orange
Egg, beaten, to glaze
Icing sugar, for dusting
- Sift together the flour, icing sugar
and cinnamon. Rub in the butter until it resembles find breadcrumbs.
Stir in the grated orange rind.
- Mix to a firm dough with the water.
knead lightly, then roll out to a 4mm thickness. Using a 7cm round
biscuit cutter, stamp out 18 circles, then stamp out 18 smaller circles.
- Line two bun tins with the larger
circles. Place a small spoonful of mincemeat into each pastry case and
top with the smaller pastry circles. pressing the edges to seal.
- Glaze the tops with egg and leave to
rest in the fridge for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until
golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve just warm, dusted with icing
More Pies & Tarts Recipes