Creamy Banana Pie Recipe
Creamy Banana Pie
Ingredients : Serves 6
For the topping
Ginger biscuits, finely crushed
Butter or margarine, melted
Grated nutmeg or ground cinnamon
Ripe banana, mashed
Cream cheese, at room temperature
Thick natural yogurt or sour cream
- Preheat oven 190oC/375oF/Gas
5. For the crust, combine the crushed biscuits, butter or margarine and
spice. Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Press the biscuit mixture into a 23cm
pie dish, building up thick sides with a neat edge. Bake for 5 minutes,
then leave to cool.
- Beat the mashed bananas with the cream
cheese. Fold in the yogurt or sour cream and rum. Spread the filling in
the biscuit case. Chill for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- For the topping, whip the cream until
soft peaks form. Spread on the pie filling. Slice the bananas and
arrange on top in a decorative pattern.
More Pies & Tarts Recipes