Sour Cream Prune Cake Recipe
Ingredients : Makes one 20cm baba cake
1 1/3 cups
Cream cheese, softened
Egg, lightly beaten
Finely grated lemon rind
- Preheat oven to moderate 180oC.
Brush a deep, 20cm loaf tin with melted butter or oil.
- Using electric beaters, beat butter,
cheese and sugar in small mixing bowl until light and creamy.
- Add the egg gradually, beating
thoroughly after each addition. Add the rind and sour cream, beat until
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing
bowl. Add prunes.
- Using a metal spoon, fold in the
- Stir until mixture is almost smooth.
- Pour mixture evenly into prepared tin,
smooth surface. Bake for 35 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when
inserted in centre of cake.
- Leave cake tin for 10 minutes before turning
onto wire rack to cool.