Quick and Easy Carrot Cake
Ingredients : Makes one 23cm square cake
1 1/4 cups
Eggs, lightly beaten
Coarsely grated carrot
Crushed pineapple, well drained
Wholemeal self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to moderate 180oC.
Brush a deep, 23cm square cake tin with melted butter or oil. Line base
and sides with paper, grease paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat oil, eggs
and sugar in small mixing bowl until light and creamy.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing
bowl. Add carrot and fruits.
- Using a metal spoon, fold in the
sifted dry ingredients, including husk, stir until just combined.
- Pour mixture evenly into prepared tin, smooth
surface. Bake 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when
inserted in centre of cake.
- Leave cake in tin for 10 minutes before turning
onto wire rack to cool.
- Serve dusted with sifted icing sugar,