Lemon Yogurt Ring Recipe
Ingredients : Serves 12
For the glaze :
45 - 60 ml
Butter, at room temperature
Grated lemon rind
Bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas
4. Grease a 3 liter fluted tube tin and dust with flour.
- Cream the butter and caster sugar
until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well
after each addition. Add the lemon rind, juice and yogurt and stir.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder
and bicarbonate of soda. In another bowl, beat the egg whites and salt
until they hold stiff peaks.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the
butter mixture, then fold in a dollop of egg whites. Fold in the
- Pour into the tin and bake until a
skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Leave
in the tin for 15 minutes, then turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- For the glaze, sift the icing sugar
into a bowl. Stir in the lemon juice and just enough yogurt to make a
- Set the cooled cake on the wire rack
over a sheet of greaseproof paper. Pour over the glaze and allow to set.