Layered Caramel Banana Cake
Ingredients : Makes one 20cm round cake
Egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to moderate 180oC.
Brush a round, 20cm springform tin with melted butter or oil. Line base with paper, grease the paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat butter
and sugar in small mixing bowl until light and creamy.
- Add the egg gradually, beating
thoroughly after each addition.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing
bowl. Add banana.
- Using a metal spoon, fold in the
- Stir until just combined. Reserve 2/3
cup of the mixture.
- Spoon the remaining mixture evenly
into prepared tin, smooth surface. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Combine syrup, cinnamon, almonds and
the reserved cake mixture in a small bowl.
- Spoon the mixture over partly cooked
cake, smooth surface. Return the cake to the oven, cook a further 20
minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted in centre of cake.
Cool cake in tin.
- Dust with sifted icing sugar to serve,