Dorset Apple Cake Recipe
Ingredients : Makes one 18cm round cake
Cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
Soft light brown sugar
Milk, to mix
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas
4. Grease and line an 18 cm round cake tin.
- Toss the apple with the lemon juice
and set aside. Sift the flour and baking powder together, then rub in
the butter, until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in 115 g of the brown sugar, the
apple and the egg, and mix well, adding sufficient milk to make a soft
- Transfer the dough to the prepared
tin. In a bowl, mix together the remaining sugar and the cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over the cake mixture, then
bake for 45-50 minutes, until golden.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10
minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.