Banana Peanut Butter Cake
Ingredients : Makes one 21cm oblong cake
Soft brown sugar
Eggs, lightly beaten
Crunchy peanut butter
Wholemeal self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to moderate 180oC.
Brush a deep, 21 x 14 x 7 cm loaf tin with melted butter or oil. Line
the base and sides with paper, grease the paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat butter, sugar
and honey in small mixing bowl until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs gradually, beating
thoroughly after each addition. Add peanut butter, beat until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing
bowl. Add banana.
- Using a metal spoon, fold in the
sifted flour including husks.
- Stir until just combined and the
mixture is almost smooth.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin,
smooth surface. Bake for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean when
inserted in centre of cake.
- Leave cake in tin 10 minutes before turning
onto wire rack to cool.
- Serve sliced and spread with butter,