Banana Ginger Parkin
Ingredients : Makes 16-20 squares
Bicarbonate of soda
Dark muscovado sugar
Ripe bananas, mashed
Stem ginger, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 160oC/325oF/Gas
3. Grease and line an 18 x 28 cm cake tin.
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate
of soda and ginger, then stir in the oatmeal.
- Melt the sugar, margarine and syrup in
a saucepan, then stir into the flour mixture.
- Beat in the egg and mashed bananas.
- Spoon into the tin and bake for about
1 hour, or until firm to the touch. allow to cool in the tin, then turn
out and cut into squares.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and
stir in just enough water to make smooth, runny icing.
- Drizzle the icing over each square and
top with a piece of stem ginger, if you like.