Apple and Walnut Cake Recipe
Ingredients : Makes one 20cm round cake
1 1/3 cups
Eggs, lightly beaten
Bicarbonate of soda
Apples, peeled and cored
- Preheat oven to moderate 180oC.
Brush a deep, 20cm round springform tin with melted butter or oil. Line base with paper, grease the paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat butter
and sifted icing sugar in small mixing bowl until creamy and white.
- Add eggs gradually, beating thoroughly
after each addition.
- Transfer mixture to large mixing bowl.
Add walnuts. Using a metal spoon, fold in sifted dry ingredients.
- Stir until just combined and mixture
is almost smooth.
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared
tin, smooth the surface. Cut each apple in quarters, then into
thin sliced lengthways. Arrange apples decoratively over top of cake.
- Bake 40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean
when inserted in centre of cake.
- Combine jam and brandy in small pan.
Stir over low heat until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat, strain into small
bowl. Brush warm jam mixture over hot cake.
- Cool cake in tin.