Vegan Chocolate Gateau Recipe
Vegan Chocolate Gateau
A rare treat for the vegetarians, this
gateau tastes really delicious.
Ingredients : Makes one 20cm gateau
A few drops
For the chocolate fudge
Self-raising whole meal flour
Sifted cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 160oC/325oF/Gas
3. Grease and line a deep 20 cm round cake tin, and grease the paper.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking
powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and vanilla, then
gradually beat in the oil and water to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and
smooth the surface. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the skewer inserted
into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave in the tin for 5
minutes, then turn out on to a wire rack and leave to cool. Cut the cake
- For the chocolate fudge, gently melt
the margarine with the water. Remove from the heat, add the icing sugar
and cocoa, and beat until smooth and shiny. Allow to cool until firm
enough to spread and pipe.
- Place a layer of cake on a serving
plate and spread over two-thirds of the chocolate fudge.
- Top with the other layer of cake.
Using a star nozzle, pipe chocolate fudge stars over the cake.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and chopped
More Chocolate Cakes Recipes