Melt and Mix Chocolate Cake Recipe
Melt and Mix Chocolate
Ingredients : Makes one 20cm round cake
1 1/3 cups
Instant coffee powder
Soft brown sugar
Dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
Eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to moderate 160oC.
Brush a deep, 20cm round cake tin
with melted butter or oil. Line base and side with paper, grease
- Sift the flour, cocoa and coffee into
a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Combine sugar, butter, syrup, water
and chocolate in a large pan. Stir over a low heat until the butter and
chocolate are melted and the sugar dissolved, remove form heat.
- Add butter mixture to the dry
ingredients. Using a whisk, stir until just combined. Add the eggs, mix
well, do not over beat.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when
inserted in centre of cake.
- Leave cake in the tin 1 hour before
turning onto wire rack to cool.
- Dust cake with combined sifted cocoa
and icing sugar.
More Chocolate Cakes Recipes