Chocolate and Fresh Cherry Gateau Recipe
Chocolate and Fresh Cherry
Ingredients : Makes one 20cm round cake
For the frosting
Eggs, lightly beaten
Plain chocolate chips, melted
Fresh cherries, stoned and halved
Morello cherry jam, warmed
Plain chocolate chips
White chocolate chips, melted
Fresh cherries, few roses leaves,
washed and dried
- Preheat the oven to 160oC/325oF/Gas
3. Grease, base-line and flour a 20cm round spring form tin.
- Cream the butter and 115 g of the
sugar until pale. Beat in the eggs. Stir in the chocolate and half the
- Fold in the flour and spices. Transfer
to the tin and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the
centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire
- For the filling, bring the cherries,
remaining kirsch and sugar to the boil, cover, and simmer for 10
minutes. Uncover for a further 10 minutes until syrupy. Leave to cool.
- Halve the cake horizontally. Cut a 1cm
/ 1/2 inch deep circle from the base, leaving a 1cm edge. Crumble into
the filling and stir to form a paste. Fill and cover the cake base.
- Sieve the jam and lemon juice. Brush
all over the cake.
- For the frosting, melt all the
- Cool, pour over the cake. Decorate
with chocolate-dipped cherries and leaves.
More Chocolate Cakes Recipes