Orange Syrup Butter Cake Recipe
Orange Syrup Butter Cake
Ingredients : Makes one 20cm baba cake
Eggs, lightly beaten
Finely grated orange rind
Rind of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to moderate 180oC.
Brush a deep, 20cm baba tin with melted butter or oil.
- Using electric beaters, beat butter
and sugar in small mixing bowl until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs gradually, beating
thoroughly after each addition. Add rind, beat until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing
bowl. Add cherries.
- Using a metal spoon, fold in the sifted
dry ingredients alternately with the juice.
- Stir until just combined and the
mixture is almost smooth.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin;
smooth surface. Bake for 40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when
inserted in centre of cake. Leave cake in tin 10 minutes before turning
onto wire rack to cool.
- To make Orange Syrup - Slice
orange rind into long, thin strips. Combine juice, sugar and rind in
small pan. Stir constantly over low heat until the mixture boils and
sugar has dissolved.
- Reduce heat, simmer without stirring,
uncovered, for 15 minutes or until reduced by one quarter.
- Remove from heat. Pour the warm syrup
over the warm cake.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream, if
More Butter Cakes Recipes