Chocolate and Strawberry Marble Cake Recipe
Chocolate and Strawberry
Marble Cake Recipe
Ingredients : Makes one 28cm oblong cake
1 2/3 cups
Cream Cheese Icing
Eggs, lightly beaten
Red food coloring
Strawberry-flavored essence or oil
Cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to moderate 180oC.
Brush a shallow, 28 x 18 x 3 cm oblong cake tin with melted butter or oil, line base
and side with paper, grease paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat butter
and sugar in small mixing bowl until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs gradually, beating
thoroughly after each addition. Add the essence, beat until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing
- Using a metal spoon, fold in the sifted flour alternately with the
- Stir until just combined and the
mixture is almost smooth. Divide mixture evenly between two bowls. Add
the sifted cocoa powder to one bowl and the coloring and flavored
essence to the other; mix well.
- Spoon the two mixtures alternately
into prepared tin. Swirl mixture in circles with skewer. Bake cake for
35 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted in centre.
- Leave cake in tin 10 minutes before
turning onto wire rack to cool.
- To make Cream Cheese Icing -
Using electric beaters, beat cream cheese and sifted icing sugar in a
small mixing bowl until light and creamy. Combine the milk and cocoa
powder in a small bowl to form a smooth paste. Add cocoa mixture to the
cream cheese mixture.
- Beat until smooth and fluffy. This
icing is best used on the day that it is made.
- Spread over cake using a flat-bladed
knife. Cut the cake into squares to serve.
More Butter Cakes Recipes