Sunflower Sultana Scones Recipe
Sunflower Sultana Scones
Ingredients : Makes 10-12
Soft sunflower margarine
Golden caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 230oC/450oF/Gas
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl
and rub in the margarine evenly.
- Stir in the sugar, sultanas and half
the sunflower seeds, then mix in the yogurt, with just enough milk to
make a fairly soft, but not sticky, dough.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface
to about a 2 cm thickness.
- Cut into 6 cm in flower shapes or
rounds with a biscuit cutter and lift on to the baking sheet.
- Brush with milk, then sprinkle with
the reserved sunflower seeds, and bake for 10-12 minutes, until well
risen and golden brown..
- Cool the scones on a wire rack.
- Serve split and spread with jam or
More Buns & Muffins Recipes