Orange and Raisins Scones Recipe
Orange and Raisin Scones
Ingredients : Makes 16
Large orange, grated rind
Milk, to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 220oC/425oF/Gas
7. Grease and flour a large baking sheet.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and margarine and rub
in until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the orange rind and raisins.
Gradually stir in the buttermilk to form a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough to about a 2 cm
- Stamp out circles with a biscuit
- Place on the baking sheet and brush
the tops with milk.
- Bake until golden, about 12-15
- Serve hot or warm, with butter or
whipped or clotted cream and jam.
More Buns & Muffins Recipes