Oatmeal Buttermilk Muffins Recipe
Oatmeal Buttermilk Muffins
Ingredients : Makes 12
Butter, at room temperature
Dark brown sugar, firmly packed
Egg, at room temperature
- In a bowl, combine the oats and
buttermilk and leave to soak for 1 hour.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or use
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas
6. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and
- Beat in the egg.
- In another bowl, sift together the
flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt.
- Stir into the butter mixture,
alternating with the oat mixture. Fold in the raisins. Do not overmix.
- Fill the prepared cups two-thirds
full. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the centre comes out clean,
20-25 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
More Buns & Muffins Recipes