Cheese and Chive Scones Recipe
Cheese and Chive Scones
Ingredients : Makes 9
Wholemeal self-raising flour
Chopped fresh chives
Milk, plus extra to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas
- Sift the flour and salt into a mixing
bowl. Add any bran left in the sieve.
- Crumble the feta cheese and rub into
the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the chives, then add the milk
and mix to a soft dough.
- Turn out on to a floured surface and
lightly knead until smooth.
- Roll out to a 2 cm thickness and stamp
out scones with a 6 cm biscuit cutter.
- Transfer the scones to a non-stick
- Brush with milk, then sprinkle over
the cayenne pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or
until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
More Buns & Muffins Recipes