Apple and Cranberry Muffins Recipe
Apple and Cranberry
Ingredients : Makes 12
Orange, grated rind
Fresh orange juice
Bicarbonate of soda
Icing sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas
4. Grease a 12 cup muffin tins or use paper cases. Melt the butter over
a gentle heat. Set aside to cool.
- Place the egg in a mixing bowl and
whisk lightly. Add the melted butter and whisk to combine, then add the
sugar, orange rind and juice. Whisk to blend.
- In a large bowl, sift together the
flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, spices and salt.
- Quarter, core and peel the apples.
With a sharp knife, chop coarsely.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and
pour in the egg mixture. With a spoon, stir until just blended.
- Add the apples, cranberries and
walnuts and stir to blend.
- Fill the cups three-quarters full and
bake until the tops spring back when touched lightly, about 25-30
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Dust
with icing sugar before serving, if desired.
More Buns & Muffins Recipes