Tomato Breadsticks Recipe
Ingredients : Makes 16
Easy-blend dried yeast
Sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil,
drained and chopped
- Place the flour, salt and yeast in a
- Add the honey and olive oil, and with
the machine running, gradually pour in the water until the dough starts
to cling together (you may not need all the water). Process for a
further 1 minute.
- Turn out the dough on to a floured
surface and knead for 3-4 minutes, until springy and smooth.
- Knead in the sun-dried tomatoes. Form
into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl. Leave to rise for 5
- Preheat the oven to 150oC/300oF/Gas
2. Divide the dough into 16 pieces and roll each piece into a 28 x 1cm
- Place on a lightly greased baking
sheet and leave to rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Brush the sticks with milk and
sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Leave to cool on
a wire rack.