Sweet Potato and Raisin
Ingredients : Makes one 900g loaf
Mashed cooked sweet potatoes
Light brown sugar
Butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- Preheat the oven to 180oC / 350oF
/ Gas 4. Grease a 900g/2 lb loaf dish or tin.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt
cinnamon and nutmeg into a small bowl. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the
mashed sweet potatoes with the brown sugar, butter or margarine, and
eggs until well mixed.
- Add the flour mixture and the raisins.
Stir with a wooden spoon until the flour is just mixed in.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared
dish or tin. Bake until a skewer inserted in the centre of the loaf
comes out clean, about 1 - 1 1/4 hours.
- Let the bread cool in the pan on a
wire rack for 15 minutes, then unmould from the dish or tin on to the
wire rack and leave to cool completely.