Sage Soda Bread Recipe
Ingredients : Makes one loaf
Strong white flour
bicarbonate of soda
Shredded fresh sage
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas
6. Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Stir in the sage and add enough
buttermilk to make a soft dough.
- Shape the dough into a round loaf and
place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cut a deep cross in the top.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes,
or until the loaf is well risen and sounds hollow when tapped on the
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.