Saffron Focaccia Recipe
Ingredients : Makes one loaf
For the topping
Easy blend dried yeast
Red onion, cut into thin wedges
Black olives, stoned and coarsely chopped
- Place the saffron in a heatproof jug
and pour in the boiling water. Leave to infuse until lukewarm.
- Place the flour, salt, yeast and olive
oil in a food processor. Turn on and gradually add the saffron and its
liquid. Process until the dough forms a ball.
- Turn on to a floured surface, knead
for 10-15 minutes. Place in a bowl, cover and leave to rise until
doubled in size, about 30-40 minutes.
- Punch down the dough and roll into an
oval shape about 1cm thick.
- Place on a lightly greased baking
sheet and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas 6.
With your fingers, press indentations over the surface of the bread.
- Cover with the topping ingredients,
brush lightly with olive oil, and bake for 25 minutes or until the loaf
sounds hollow when tapped on the base.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.