White bread mix
Extra virgin olive oil
Dried rosemary, crushed
Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
Black olives, stoned and chopped
Sea salt flakes, for sprinkling
- Combine the bread mix with half the
oil, the rosemary, tomatoes, olives and water to form a firm dough.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured
surface for about 5 minutes. Return to the mixing bowl and cover with a
piece of oiled clear film. Leave the dough to rise in a warm place until
doubled in size. Meanwhile, lightly grease two baking sheets and preheat
the oven to 220oC/425oF/Gas 7.
- Punch down the dough and knead again.
Divide into two and shape into flat rounds. Place on the baking sheet,
and make indentations with your fingertips. Trickle over the remaining
olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- Bake the focaccia for 12-15 minutes
until golden brown and cooked. Turn out on to wire racks to cool.
- This bread is best eaten slightly