Rosemary Bread Recipe
Ingredients : Makes one 23 x 13cm loaf
Easy blend dried yeast
Milk, at room temperature
Dried chopped onion
Fresh rosemary leaves
Rosemary leaves and coarse salt, to decorate
- Mix the yeast with the flours in a
large mixing bowl. Melt the butter. Then stir the warm water, milk,
sugar, butter, salt, sesame seeds, onion and rosemary into the flour.
Knead thoroughly until quite smooth.
- Flatten the dough, then add the cheese
cubes. Knead them in until they are well combined.
- Place the dough into a clean bowl
greased with a little melted butter. Cover with a dish towel and put in
a warm place for 1 1/2 hours, or until the dough has doubled
- Grease a 23 x 13cm loaf tin with
butter. Punch down the dough and shape into a loaf. Place in the tin,
cover with the dish towel and leave for about 1 hour until doubled in
size. Preheat the oven to 190oC/375oF/Gas 5.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cover the loaf
with foil for the last 5-10 minutes of baking.
- Turn the bread out on to a wire rack
to cool. Garnish with some rosemary leaves and coarse salt scattered on