Pecan Nut Rye Bread Recipe
Ingredients : Makes two 21.5 x 11.5cm loaves
Active dried yeast
Caraway seeds (optional)\
Butter, at room temperature
Pecan nuts, chopped
- Combine the yeast and 120 ml of water.
- Stir and leave for 15 minutes to
dissolve. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the flours, salt,
honey, caraway seeds and butter. With the dough hook, mix on low speeds
until well blended.
- Add the yeast mixture and the
remaining water and mix on medium speed until the dough forms a ball.
- Transfer to a floured surface and
knead in the pecan nuts.
- Return the dough to a bowl, cover with
a plastic bag and leave in a warm place until doubled, about 2 hours.
Grease two 21.5 x 11.5 cm loaf tins. Punch down the risen dough.
- Divide the dough in half and form into
loaves. Place in the tins, seam-sides down. Dust the tops with flour.
- Cover with plastic bags and leave to
rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190oC/375oF/Gas
5. Bake until the bases sound hollow when tapped, 45 - 50 minutes.
Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.