Bicarbonate of soda
Margarine, at room temperature
Eggs, at room temperature
Large ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180oC / 350oF /
Gas 4. Line the base and sides of two 23 x 13 cm loaf tins with greaseproof paper and grease the paper.
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate
of soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside until needed.
- Cream the margarine until soft. Beat in
the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the oil.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the
creamed ingredients in three batches, then fold in the mango, two-thirds
of the coconut and the raisins.
- Spoon the batter into the tins.
Sprinkle over the remaining coconut. Bake until a skewer inserted in the
centre comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes.
- Leave to stand for
10 minutes before turning out to a wire rack to cool completely.