Individual Brioches Recipe
Ingredients : Makes 8
Active dried yeast
Butter, cut into six pieces, at room
Egg yolk, beaten with 10ml water, to glaze
- Butter eight individual brioche or
muffin tins. Put the yeast and sugar in a small bowl, add the milk and
stir until dissolved. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then beat in the
- Put the flour and salt into a food
processor, then with the machine running, slowly pour in the yeast
mixture. Scrape down the sides and process until the dough forms a ball.
Add the butter and pulse to blend.
- Transfer the dough to a buttered bowl
and cover with a dish towel. Leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour,
then punch down.
- Shape three-quarters of the dough into
eight balls and put into the tins. Shape the last quarter into eight
small balls, make a depression in the top of each large ball and set a
small ball into it.
- Leave to rise in a warm place for 30
minutes. Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas 6.
- Brush the brioches with the egg glaze.
Bake for about 15-18 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer to a wire
rack and leave to cool completely.