Dinner Milk Rolls Recipe
Ingredients : Makes 12-16
Strong plain flour
Easy-blend dried yeast
Cold milk, to glaze
Poppy, sesame and sunflower seeds,
or sea salt flakes, for sprinkling
- Sift together the flour and salt into
a large bowl. Rub in the butter, then stir in the yeast.
- Mix to a firm dough with the milk (you
may not need it all)
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes, then
return to the bowl, cover with oiled clear film and leave to rise until
doubled in volume.
- Grease a baking sheet. Punch
down the dough and knead again, then divide into 12-16 pieces and make
into shapes of your choice. Place on the baking sheet, glaze the tops
with milk, and sprinkle over your chosen seeds or sea salt flakes.
- Leave to start rising again.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 230oC/450oF/Gas 8.
Bake the rolls for 12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
- Cool on a wire rack. Eat the same day
as they will not keep.