Dill Bread Recipe
Ingredients : Makes two loaves
Active dried yeast
Large bunch of dill, finely chopped
Eggs, lightly beaten
Milk, to glaze
- Mix together the yeast, water and
sugar in a large bowl and leave for 15 minutes to dissolve.
- Stir in about half of the flour. Cover
and leave to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- In a frying pan, cook the onion in
15ml of the oil until soft. Set aside to cool, then stir into the yeast
- Stir the dill, eggs, cottage cheese,
salt and the remaining oil into the yeast. Gradually add the remaining
flour until the dough is too stiff to stir.
- Transfer to a floured surface and
knead until smooth and elastic. Place in a bowl, cover and leave to rise
until doubled in volume, about 1 - 11/2 hours.
- Grease a large baking sheet. Cut the
dough in half and shape into two rounds. Place on the sheet and leave to
rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190oC/375oF/Gas
5. Score the tops, brush with milk to glaze and bake until browned,
about 50 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.