Courgette Tea Bread Recipe
Ingredients : Makes one 23 x 13 cm loaf
Unpeeled courgettes, grated
Bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 180oC / 350oF /
Gas 4. Line a 23 x 13 cm loaf tin with greaseproof paper and then
grease the paper.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over a
low heat. Set aside until needed.
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs
and oil together until thick. Beat in sugar, then stir in the melted
butter and the courgettes. Set aside.
- In another bowl, sift all the dry
ingredients together three times. Carefully fold into the courgette
mixture. Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour into the tin and bake until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, about
- Leave to stand for
10 minutes before turning out to a wire rack to cool.