Courgette Crown Bread Recipe
Ingredients : Serves 8
Coarsely grated courgettes
Easy-blend dried yeast
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Ground black pepper
Lukewarm water, to mix
Milk, to glaze
Sesame seeds, to garnish
- Spoon the courgettes into a colander,
sprinkling them lightly with salt. Leave to drain for 30 minutes, then
pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Mix the flour, yeast and Parmesan
together and season with black pepper. Stir in the oil and courgettes,
and add enough lukewarm water to make a firm dough.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured
surface until smooth, then return to the mixing bowl, cover it with
oiled clear film and leave it to rise in a warm place, until doubled in
- Meanwhile, grease and line a 23cm
round sandwich tin.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas
- Punch down the dough, and knead it
lightly. Break into 8 balls, roll each one and arrange them, touching,
in the tin.
- Brush the tops with milk and sprinkle
over the sesame seeds.
- Allow to rise again, then bake for 25
minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly in the tin, then turn out
to a wire rack.