Corn Bread Recipe
Ingredients : Makes one 23 x 13 cm loaf
Cornmeal or polenta
- Preheat the oven to 200oC /
Gas 6. Then line a 23 x 13 cm loaf tin with greaseproof paper and grease the paper.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder,
and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add the cornmeal or polenta and stir
to blend. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, melted
butter and margarine.
- Pour the mixture into the well. Stir
until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Pour into the tin and bake until a
skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.