Clover Leaf Rolls Recipe
Ingredients : Makes 24
Butter, at room temperature
Active dried yeast
Melted butter, to glaze
- Heat the milk to lukewarm, pour into a
large bowl and stir in the sugar, butter and yeast. Leave for 15
- Stir in the egg and salt. Gradually
stir in 475 g of the flour.
- Add just enough extra to obtain a
rough dough. Knead until smooth.
- Place in the greased bowl, cover and
leave in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Grease two 12-cup bun trays. Punch
down the dough, and make 72 equal size balls.
- Place three balls, in one layer, in
each bun cup. Cover loosely and leave to rise in a warm place until
doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas
6. Brush the rolls with glaze.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 20
- Cool slightly on a wire rack before