Cardamom and Saffron Tea
Ingredients : Makes one 900g loaf
Pinch of saffron strands
Easy blend dried yeast
Cardamom pods, split open and seeds
- Crush the saffron straight into a cup
containing a little of the warm milk and leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
Rub the butter into the flour, then mix in the yeast, sugar, cardamom
seeds and raisins.
- Beat the remaining milk with the honey
and egg, then mix this into the flour, along with the saffron milk and
strands, to form a firm dough.
- Turn out the dough and knead it on a
lightly floured surface for 5 minutes.
- Return the dough to the mixing bowl,
cover with oiled clear film and leave in a warm place until doubled in
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas
6. Grease a 900g loaf tin. Turn the dough out on to a floured surface,
punch down, knead for 3 minutes, then shape into a fat roll and fit into
the tin. Cover with a sheet of lightly oiled clear film and stand in a
warm place until the dough begins to rise again.
- Bake the loaf for 25 minutes until
golden brown and firm on top.
- Turn out to a wire rack and as it
cools brush the top with clear honey.