Ingredients : Makes 18-20
Active dried yeast
Egg, beaten, to glaze
Sesame seeds, toasted
Coarse salt, for sprinkling
- Combine the yeast and water, stir and
leave for about 15 minutes. Place the flour, salt, sugar and olive oil
in a food processor.
- With the motor running, slowly pour in
the yeast mixture and process until the dough forms a ball.
- Knead until smooth. Place in a bowl,
cover and leave to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Grease two baking sheets.
- Roll the dough into 18-20 30cm sticks.
Place on the baking sheets, brush with egg then sprinkle with sesame
seeds and coarse salt.
- Leave to rise, uncovered, for 20
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas
6. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat but leave in the
oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool.0