Bilberry Tea Bread Recipe
Ingredients : Makes 8 pieces
For the topping
Butter or margarine, at room temperature
Egg, at room temperature
Fresh bilberries, or blueberries
Butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 190oC /
Gas 5. Grease a 23 cm baking dish.
- With an electric mixer, cream the
butter or margarine with the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg,
beat to combine, then mix in the milk until well blended.
- Sift over the flour, baking powder,
salt and stir just enough to blend the ingredients. Add the berries and
stir. Transfer to the baking dish.
- For the topping, place the sugar,
flour, cinnamon and butter in a mixing bowl. Cut in with a pastry
blender until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping over the mixture
in a baking dish.
- Bake until a skewer inserted in the
centre comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.