Banana Bread Recipe
Ingredients : Makes one 21 x 11cm loaf
Ground cinnamon (optional)
Butter, at room temperature
Grated lemon rind
Ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 180oC / 350oF /
Gas 4. Grease and flour a 21 x 11 cm loaf tin.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt
and cinnamon, if using, into a bowl. Stir in the wheatgerm.
- In another bowl, combine the butter
with the caster sugar and grated lemon rind. Beat thoroughly until the
mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the mashed bananas and eggs, and
mix well. Add the dry ingredients and blend quickly and evenly.
- Spoon into the loaf tin. Bake for
50-60 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the centre comes out
clean. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out on to a wire rack to