Apricot Nut Loaf Recipe
Ingredients : Makes one 23 x 13 cm loaf
Eggs, lightly beaten
Bicarbonate of soda
- Place the apricots in a bowl, cover
with lukewarm water and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC / 350oF /
Gas 4. Line a 23 x 13 cm loaf tin with greaseproof paper and then
grease the paper.
- With a vegetable peeler, remove the
orange rind, leaving the pith. Chop the strips finely.
- Drain the apricots and chop coarsely.
Place in a bowl with the orange rind and raisins. Squeeze the peeled
orange. Measure the juice and add enough hot water to obtain 175ml
- Add the orange juice mixture to the
apricot mixture. Stir in the sugar, oil and eggs. Set aside.
- In a another bowl, sift together the
flour, baking powder, salt and bicarbonate of soda.
- Fold in the flour mixture into the
apricot mixture in three batches, then stir in the walnuts.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared
tin bake until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, about
55-60 minutes. If the loaf browns too quickly, protect the top with a
sheet of foil.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes the
transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.