American-Style Corn Sticks
Ingredients : Makes 6
Cornmeal or polenta
- Preheat the oven to 190oC /
Gas 5. Grease a cast-iron corn-stick mould.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Stir in
the milk and vegetable oil, and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the
cornmeal or polenta, flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Pour in the egg mixture and stir with
a wooden spoon to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared
Bake until a skewer inserted in the
centre comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Cool in the mould on a wire rack for
10 minutes before unmoulding.