Raspberry Sandwich Biscuits Recipe
Raspberry Sandwich Biscuits
Ingredients : Makes 32
Butter, at room temperature
Fresh lemon juice
- Process the blanched almonds and 45 ml
flour in a food processor or blender until finely ground.
- Cream the butter and sugar together
until light and fluffy. Stir in the lemon rind and vanilla.
- Add the ground almonds and remaining
flour and mix well.
- Gather into a ball, wrap in
greaseproof paper and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 160oC/325oF/Gas
3. Line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Divide the biscuit mixture into four
equal parts. Working with one section at a time, roll out to a thickness
of 3 mm on a lightly floured surface.
- With a 6cm pastry cutter, stamp out
circles. Using a 2 cm piping nozzle or pastry cutter, stamp out the
centre from half the circles. Place the rings and circles 2.5cm apart on
the baking sheets.
- Whisk the egg white with the salt
until just frothy. Chop the flakes almonds. Brush the biscuit rings with
the egg white, then sprinkle over the almonds.
- Brush the biscuit rings with the egg
white, then sprinkle over the almonds. Bake until lightly browned, about
12 - 15 minutes. Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets then
transfer to a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, melt the jam with the
lemon juice until it comes to a simmer. Brush the jam over the biscuit
circles and sandwich together with the rings.
More Biscuits & Cookies Recipes